Sunday 2 March 2014

Which font? Why?


The above picture is of my final cut's font. I thought this font, coupled with its dotted underlining has the greatest grounding in what you would expect from a film based in the sic-fi thriller genre. I've given the font a glow, so that the title appears to be on a monitor screen. I created this title on powerpoint, filming it directly off of the screen, using some editing a camera trickery to make the title seem as if it is growing bigger and moving in a three-dimensional way.

A rejected font, this version I believe felt too blocky and stubborn; Reset Code is a sci-fi thriller about hacking espionage, so subtlety is a must for all of its characters. This font just seems too dated for Reset Code's time frame, and reminds me slightly of the "Predator" movie's font. Fortunately there's no need to "Get to the chopper!" here.


No comments:

Post a Comment