Saturday 1 March 2014

Filming locations

Opening scene: The Interrogation

For my thriller's opening interrogation scene I needed a location that seemed intimidating. As an example, the opening scene in "Memento" takes place in a deserted, dilapidated building:


This I believe is a great example of where setting is used to convey narrative and the state of the characters within it. It's dark, dingy and looks like a room out of a Saw movie.

So, naturally I thought: "What better place than my garage!"


Using the inner side of the garage-bay door, I deployed the use of a mid shot to hide the outer clutter of the garage and just focus on the character in the chair. To make the entire scene more atmospheric, a simple phone flashlight was used and directed at the character.











The following images are of locations filmed in Nottingham City:







Reset Code's genre boarders on that of a sci-fi thriller. It was for that reason that I decided upon using a city as the main setting for Reset Code, as Its general appearance feels modern and sizable; an aspect that would add to Reset Code's production value, while establishing its time period and genre.


No comments:

Post a Comment